1998 CHEVY CAVALIER WEIRD NOISE FROM LEFT TURN SIGNAL

• Seveppa
  • 1998 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

1998 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 80k miles

For a couple of weeks my left turn arrow would come on whenever I turned on the lights and when I would use the signal, it would blink more rapidly then normal but it was still working. Yesterday, while waiting at a light to turn left with the signal on, it began making a weird noise, like a grinding hum. The signal doesn't work at all. The noise occurs whenever I use the left turn signal, not at all when I use the right. AND, the noise is not there when I have the lights turned on; the signal still doesn't work but the noise goes away when I turn on the lights. Where should I start with this? I am totally clueless!

Monday, December 10th, 2007 AT 9:54 AM

• Stevepowell81

You need to have your bulbs in the rear checked and replaced. When it blinks fast, that means a bulb on that side is blown out. I could explain the rest, but it is just easier to let you know that you have a blown out bulb(s) on whichever side is flashing fast. Have someone check all the bulbs with you and replace the bad one(s).

-1
Thursday, December 20th, 2007 AT 7:43 AM