1997 Chevy Cavalier starting

DARIUSHENRY
  • 1997 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
1997 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Automatic 170000 miles

the car was running fine it started up ok I drove to work and when I came out it wouldnt start. I had already replaced the batter about a month before and it wouldn't start off a jump. I changed the computer, crank sensor, and starter and my car still wont start, what else could be the problem.
Thursday, March 13th, 2008 AT 10:11 AM

Inbox : Message
From: dariushenry
To: rasmataz
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Subject: chevy cavalier

I have a 97 cavalier it has 170000 on the dash and up until two weeks ago it drove perfect, started fine. I drove it to work and when I came out the car wouldn't start so I had it towed to a machanic. He put a starter in. Still didn't start. He put a computer in. Same thing. No start. So he tells me its the crank sensor and he puts in a crank sensor. And it still wont start. And now he wants me to get a ignition module so he put that in. He also tells me its not makin a spark. What could it be. Email me at dari_d7@hotmail. Com

Inbox : Message
From: dariushenry
To: rasmataz
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:31 pm
Subject: chevy cavalier

The DIS module and CPS sensor has been replaced-Have the coil/s checked out.

Here is a little trick that will literally show you if a DIS ignition module and its crankshaft sensor circuit are working: connect a halogen headlamp to the spade terminals that mate the DIS module to the coils. A headlamp is recommended here because it puts more of a load on the module than a test lamp. If the headlamp flashes when the engine is cranked, the DIS module and crankshaft position sensor circuit are functioning. Therefore, the problem is in the coils.
Thursday, March 13th, 2008 AT 4:13 PM