1997 Chevy Cavalier fuel pump?

MANTREL_82
  • 1997 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
I have a question iI bought this cavalier bout 3 weeks ago for my daughter from a friend. The car had been sitting and my friend told me that the fuel pump was bad in it. When I got the car home the fuel pump was coming on but under the hood the fuel valve coming from behind the intake I pressed it in and there was no pressure of any sort coming from the valve. So I purchased a new fuel pump and it comes on but still no gas up top from the valve. The car is getting fire but no gas? But when I put the new pump on I didnt have the hose thaty runs to the tank when you are fueling attached to the tank. Is that why its not getting gas up to the engine because it had no pressure from the tank? With me not having the hose attached
Friday, January 4th, 2008 AT 8:36 PM

BMRFIXIT
When you installed the new pump did you inspect the line that connect the fuel pump to the sending unit
what it happened is the fuel pump pumping the fuel back in to the tank
no need fo fill tube to be connected for the pump to build up pressure
Friday, January 4th, 2008 AT 9:28 PM