1994 Chevy Cavalier Need to know how to bleed my clutch the

CJNBUG
  • 1994 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
How do I bleed my clutch in this car. There is no bleeder >?
Tuesday, March 10th, 2009 AT 9:42 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
WITHOUT BLEED SCREW

Remove the actuator (slave) cylinder from the transaxle, as outlined earlier in this section.
Loosen the master cylinder mounting attaching nuts to the end of the studs, but do not remove the master cylinder.
Remove any dirt or grease around the reservoir cap so dirt cannot enter the system, then remove the cap and diaphragm. Fill the reservoir with an approved DOT 3 brake fluid.
Depress the hydraulic actuator cylinder pushrod about 0.787 in. (20.0mm) into the slave cylinder bore and hold.
Install the diaphragm and cap on the reservoir while holding the slave cylinder pushrod in as described in the previous step.
Release the slave cylinder pushrod.
The slave cylinder should be lower than the master cylinder.

Hold the slave cylinder vertically with the pushrod end facing the ground.
Press the pushrod into the slave cylinder bore with short 0.390 in. (10.0mm) strokes.
Observe the reservoir for air bubbles. Continue until air bubbles no longer enter the reservoir.
Install the actuator (slave) cylinder to the transaxle.
Tighten the master cylinder attaching nuts to 15 ft. Lbs. (20 Nm).
Check the fluid reservoir in the clutch master cylinder and add, if necessary. Install the diaphragm and cap to the reservoir.
To test the system, start the engine and push the clutch pedal to the floor. Wait 10 seconds and select reverse gear. There should be no gear clash. If clash is present, air may still be present in the system. Repeat bleeding procedure.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!
Tuesday, March 10th, 2009 AT 11:30 PM