1994 Chevy Cavalier Cranks But Wont Start

• 1 POST

1994 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

The car was running fine, I washed the engine, it wouldnt start until everything dried out. Then I started it and it ran fine, turned it off, the next time I tried to start it, it would only crank and not start and the dashlights and signal lights will not work. Then it started and ran fine until I turned the car off again, and the next time I tried to start it, it did the same thing, would not start. I replaced the crank sensor, the module, and a new fuel pump. The car wont start. When I was using my test light to test the wires I hear something click and then my dasklights and blinkers would work, so I started the car and it ran fine, do I pulled off all the new stuff (except fuel pump) and the car started and ran fine for a day, then the next day it would not start again. Everything works except dashights and blinkers.

Friday, October 30th, 2009 AT 4:12 PM

Welcome to the forum, If it cranks good but won't start, have helper crank, while you check for spark at the plugs. If you have the type that the ignition module and coil sit on top of the plugs, it a little more awkward to check spark, but, is possible. Regular dis ignition still has plug wires. If your fully obd1 compliant you can still check for codes by using the cel method.

Friday, October 30th, 2009 AT 4:27 PM