1993 Chevy Cavalier Car Cutting off When Having Over 4 Thin

PONTIACMAN86
  • 1993 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
Hello, I've been recently been getting this dangerous problem of mine and its really starting to annoy me the car overall is great except the one little problem that I am having with it. And Winter is on its way and I need to someone get it fixed before snow hits the ground. Alright this is the problem, when I have the lights, wipers, radio, and the heater going all at once. Like maybe run for like a minute or 2 it will start doing this weird glitch where the car cuts off like the car has no key in the ignition and then it starts back up like the car is being turned on it will do this in Drive Gear to. After I turn off some of the things like the radio and the heater it will stop doing it.

Also this car acts up the most when its raining does not matter how many things I have on like the lights it will cut off and start back up by itself until I turn off the lights it will stop. I'm not sure if it could be the ignition switch because I had that replace and the place obviously ripped me off on that repair. Freaking $600 for one day thats crazy I bet they where just picking thier nose and etc taking their sweet time replacing it I know the repair would only take an hour atleast. But anyways I can't figure out what the problem is. Oh yea keep this in mind I noticed that when it does that everything resets like when you unhook the positive cable and put it back on that type of reset.
Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 AT 9:41 PM

LEGITIMATE007
I would check the alternator for starters, the voltage regulator may be faulty, also you may want to check and test the fuses.
Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 AT 9:51 PM
PONTIACMAN86
Okay thanks Legit I will be sure to check for that, My grandpa tested the Alternator for problems but no errors had came up but not sure if the test hardware he is using is the right thing. He got it at Meijer I think for like $20 which checks the battery, the alternator and some other things. I keep telling him it has to be the alternator it wouldn't hurt anyway to get it replace since its under warranty and to think I replaced it not long ago. If its not that I'll check the fuses which I never done. Could be always the little things that can go wrong.
Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 AT 9:35 AM
LEGITIMATE007
Ok good get back to me with your findings
Thursday, November 13th, 2008 AT 6:19 AM
PONTIACMAN86
Alright, I will the other day I replaced all the light bulbs on the car, but probably sometime today I'll check out the fuses I'm checking out the little things before I get to the big things, my teacher once told me in class it can be the little things that can be the problem.
Friday, November 14th, 2008 AT 12:41 PM
PONTIACMAN86
Hello I managed to replace the alternator, but the problem still exist I checked out the fuses all checked good. I'm not sure what this problem could be even to think I know a few mechanics myself couldn't figure out whats going on with it. I was thinking it might be something with the Ignition switch maybe the mechanic or something must of bumped something or w/e. My Uncle had owned the car before me and he said he never had that problem, until he gave it to me then I had to send it in to get the ignition switch replaced and the problem started happening that it got replaced. Like at times when I turn on the car I hear a chrip noise when you put in the car keys when you open the door. Like for a split second.
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008 AT 6:34 PM

Related Engine Stall While Driving Content