1988 Chevy Cavalier car starts sometimes

JEFFHUEYSR
  • 1988 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
I dont know what is going on its crazy, car will start runs fine half the time, I thought it was ignition modgel under coil packs I replaced it still same thing seems like its not sending spark to injection when it wont start, I checked fuel pump its getting 41 lbs of presure. Changed fuel filter, car will start then I can turn it off and if it sits more then couple mins wont start again, I can let it sit for couple hours and it will start, do u think the computer is bad, seems like I can unhook battery and wait 30mins hook it back up and then it will start, when it starts it runs great.
Thursday, September 30th, 2010 AT 12:19 PM

Maybe an intermittent crank sensor issue? Any applicable trouble codes? Also, when the problem is ongoing check for B+ and ground at the ignition module. One end of the module has a single two wire connector, pink and black. Pink is voltage with the key on, black is ground. If you take the connector loose, turn key on, use testlite between the two terminals, if lite is bright, that voltage and ground should be ok.
Thursday, September 30th, 2010 AT 1:18 PM