• capr1cepr0se
  • Chevrolet Caprice

I have a 1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic with a newly installed remanufactured 305 cu. In.(5.0L) V-8 engine - including a 200 TH A/T, A/C, and so on.

I'm having a little trouble starting the engine for the first time; and in an effort to troubleshoot the problem(s), I'm not too sure anymore that I connected all the vacuum hoses in the proper manner.

Therefore, considering the available vacuum connections applicable to this particular engine - specifically involving the Carburetor (Rochester "2GC" 2-BL), EGR, EFE Power Actuator, Temperature Sensitive Vacuum Switch (on Thermostat housing), Thermo-Vacuum Switch (TVS)(on Intake Manifold), and Distributor Vacuum Advance Unit, I would appreciate it very much if you could advise me as to the "right" way to connect the all of the vacuum hoses to their respective "vacuum" components.

At the very least, if you could direct me to any number of Auto-related Web sites that might feature an "all-encompassing" Chevy 305 cu. In. V-8 engine schematic or diagram that highlights all of the above components that would be extremely helpful!

Thanks a whole lot!

Monday, April 30th, 2007 AT 4:26 PM