Wont't start

HABUCCIL
  • CHEVROLET CAMARO
I have a 1994 Z28 Camaro with 5.7L engine that ha 120,000 miles. I am having a starting problem. I stopped at a gas station to get gas and turned off the engine and then it wouldn't start again. When you turn the key nothing happens. I have replaced the battery and have had the starter/solenoid tested and they are fine. I checked the wiring to and fro the batttery to the starter and groun and they are fine also. What should I do next?
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2007 AT 9:04 AM

FFAS23
First of all I would get the car up on a lift or jack stands. I would then disconnect one cable from the battery and then disconnect the small wire to the solonoid then with the aid of another person I would connect the battery cable again and with a test light I would check to see if you have electric coming from that little wire which was connected to the solonoid when your helper in the car turns the ignition key. If no power to the little wire I would suspect a bad ignition switch located on the steering colum. If the wire has power when the key is turned I would suspect a bad solonoid. Let us know how you make out. While you are under the car also check the battery cable to solonoid for power.
Sunday, February 4th, 2007 AT 10:26 PM