2000 Camaro need help fast poss fuel issue? P0452

LANGFORDFOUR
  • 2000 CHEVROLET CAMARO
The camaro was running fine then without hesitating died. Could not get it to start. Had to have it towed home. Changed fuel filter just to be safe. Weird thing is every once in a while it starts and runs fine but then again sometimes it wont start at all. Whe it is running it seems to be running rich and smoking grayish smoke. We ran diagnostic and received code P0452. At one point we tested with pressure gauge and there was no pressure. But now there is because it started up again. Please give help.
Sunday, November 4th, 2007 AT 12:07 PM

BLACKOP555
I believere that is the EVAP code. The easiest thing to check is the gas cap, see if it is on securly. Also either a bad connection at the fuel tank pressure sensor harness or downstream at the PCM, or a bad fuel tank pressure sensor
Sunday, November 4th, 2007 AT 7:26 PM
LANGFORDFOUR
Thank you for your advise. We checked the wiring at the fuel pressure sensor and it seemed to not be plugged in all the way. We plugged it in completely and now the P0452 code is gone. Would that have caused the car to die during driving which was the first symptom. And would it allow that car to sometimes start but sometimes not with the loose connection. I dont want to start driving if I didnt fix the original problem. Thanks
Monday, November 5th, 2007 AT 1:29 PM
BLACKOP555
Yes a loose connector can cause the car to die out! You should be good to go.
Monday, November 5th, 2007 AT 5:03 PM
LANGFORDFOUR
We have taken the car on short rides around the block a few times and it has been OK. But today it keeps dying. It wouldnt start at first then it did. It ran about 5 minutes in the driveway then died again. Ran the OB II scanner and no codes are coming up. Any suggestions?
Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 AT 1:01 PM
BLACKOP555
Test for voltage at the fuel pump connector, if nothing check the relay's. If there is voltage then perform a fuel pressure test at the fuel rail. Post back the results.
Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 AT 1:50 PM
LANGFORDFOUR
Key on motor not running the pressure is 42-44 Psi. You cycle it a few times you get 46-49 psi. With motor running the needle is eratic between 32-40 psi and let engine run a little it goes to 36-42 psi and bounces between the 2. I was able to start it for all the test and it did'nt die this time. It has me baffled.
Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 AT 4:08 PM
BLACKOP555
Maybe fuel pressure regulator. If not then its probably the fuel pump if it hasnt ever been replaced. Could have a connector loose that engine vibration keeps making it come loose.
Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 AT 6:43 PM