1999 CHEVY CAMARO NEED SOME INSIGHT INTO POSSIBLE CAUSES

• ig003
  • 1999 Chevrolet Camaro

1999 Chevy Camaro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 136800 miles

Recently, over the summer my MPG and acceleration began to suffer, this finally progressed to issues with hesitation when I was "flooring it"

Originally I had pinned the problem on a faulty fuel pump sending unit. Later though another problem emerged. This time I ran into hard star problems after the engine had been running.

So after some consultation I came to the conclusion it was a need for new Fuel injectors especially since I bought the car several years ago and hadn't done a filter change on the fuel line my self

this week had the old injectors swapped for new ones.
today on test drive, I found that the hesitation problems had been alleviated but it still has the hard start issues also the MPG recovery looked promising but after running for the day it started to suffer after the engine over heated. During idle in the evening

I'm now looking towards the fuel pressure regulator as the possible culprit, I should have hit this at the same time as the injectors but I wasn't thinking. I also think it might be some thing simple like the bugs in my filter and perhaps a bad gas cap washer. Not completely sure but I can't think of any thing else.

Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 10:12 PM

• merlin2021

If it's overheating, check the thermostat, coolant level and condition, any small leaks(pressure test). Engine cooling fan, working?
Check the ECT(engine coolant temp) sensor, this acts as a choke for EFI vehicles, and it's only a twenty dollar part.

Saturday, November 6th, 2010 AT 10:24 AM