1995 Chevy Camaro my car is smoking.

Engine Cooling problem
1995 Chevy Camaro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 166000 miles

I just bought a 1995 Chevy Camaro and it smokes from underneath the bottom of the engine. The dealer said there was an oil leak drippin on the manifold. I can't find it, but my cooling fan doesn't work. I replace the busted sensor for just that problem. So do I need a new cooling fan motor? And. What's up with the oil leak? What should I do?

Friday, October 3rd, 2008 AT 2:36 PM

For the oil leak, remember oil runs down. With the engine running and you driving it runs everywhere. A little oil makes a big mess. You have to wash the engine. Wash the engine really good. Follow directions for this so you don't spray cleaners/water directly into electrical items, pulleys etc. Make sure the engine is cool when you do this. Once clean start and run. Then look for the leak above the area it was dripping at. This takes time unless it is a really good leak. Look for wet, fresh oil; clean lines that the oil has been running at. Be careful when looking around running items. You will need a strong light also. I had to wash one then actually drive it. Then washed a smaller area again. Then had to drive it. Then traced it down to an area about the size of a dinner plate. Washed that area again. Ran it and just watched. Presto. There it was. Again, just takes time unless it is a really good leak.
For the fan, disconnect the connector from the fan motor and get two wires and go directly from the fan motor to the positive & negative side of the battery. If the fan motor doesn't move the motor is bad. Part is about $40 at Auto Zone.

Sunday, October 5th, 2008 AT 2:37 AM