1995 Chevy Camaro Engine Swap

CCC1982
  • 1995 CHEVROLET CAMARO
I have owned this car for about 6 years. It overheated and warped the heads about 2 years ago, and has sat in my driveway til last month when I found another engine to put in it. A mechanic friend who owns a shop has done the engine swap for me and I wish he hadnt. After he installed the new engine the car would not crank and the brand new fuel pump I had him put in would not come on. He came to the conclusion that the computer was bad, so taking his word for it, I bought a new one. I was told that for it to work it would have to be flashed with the vin for the car, so he took it to the local chevy dealership. Unfortunately, they could not flash it because they cant connect to the computer. There is something wrong with the data link. I have now been told that every wire (hot and ground) has been checked and that he thinks it is my anti theft module. I have asked around and I know that the module has nothing to do with the data link. The engine will turn over. But is not getting fuel. Do you have any idea as to why we cannot link up to the computer if there is not a bad wire? Could it be the ignition switch?
Friday, April 25th, 2008 AT 8:14 PM

BUZZSAW
If it cranks its not the switch or theft, have you tried squirting carb cleaner down the throttle to see if it does fire?
Friday, April 25th, 2008 AT 9:55 PM