1994 Chevy Camaro Idle Stall

REVELATION_Z28
  • 1994 CHEVROLET CAMARO
Hi, I am from LS1tech. Com, and unfortunately I couldnt solve this problem from all of the time ive spent on the car. A little history on it: I have babied the car since I bought it in 2006. Previous owner replaced ALOT of parts including the optispark. The optispark currently has 6000 miles on it so its still barely "broken in". The optispark has never been hit by water.

my problem is, the car will die on idle only once per time I drive it. But, it would depend on how far I drive. If I start it cold from overnight and let it idle itll never die until I drive it. But once I do drive it between 2-10 miles and it gets up to operating temp, it will stall at a random light or stop. Sometimes while coasting. The SES light came on, but my OBD1 scanner only worked for the PCM if I called the car a truck (i know right.) And the only DTC code I got that matched to camaro/f body codes was 32 EGR. I replaced the 14 year old EGR, and the IAC motor and it still does it. I replaced the ICM and coil, and still nothing. The plug wires are 1000 miles old and OTVC setup because I have headers. The spark plugs are set to.40-.45 gap (cant remember) OEM is.50 and they are NGK TR55's.( If the spark plugs would cause it.) Fuel filter is new, air filter is new, MAF was cleaned, TB was cleaned I replaced the TPS about 2000 miles ago also.

the only other thing I have left that I think would cause it is the ECT sensor. But what is wierd about this problem is the randomness of the stall. Also, itll fire right back up after like nothing happened. Sometimes itll be hard to start hot after parking with the SES light on but after it starts up itll have a huge "miss" and the SES will come on and itll drive great again.

this all started after a leaking fuel pressure regulator, gas was entering the intake manifold through the vacuum line and I was getting backfiring at higher RPM from it. -Im wondering if that triggered this problem-. This all started while randomly idling/coasting at 1mph in a mall parking lot.

has anyone experienced this problem before or has any insight?

thanks!
Wednesday, February 20th, 2008 AT 2:33 AM

CPSLOG
I'm thinking vacume hose leak
Wednesday, April 1st, 2009 AT 11:25 AM

Related Engine Stall While Driving Content