1992 Chevy Camaro Where does the power for the fuel pump re

92_QUICK_SIX
  • 1992 CHEVROLET CAMARO
I have a 3.1(v6) 92 Camaro runs great until a few weeks ago. No fuel is getting to the injectors. First replaced fuel filter [maybe being clogged]. Then a new fuel pump relay. [No good]. So replaced the fuel pump. [ That was no fun.] But horribly the car still wont start! I now found out that the relay isn't getting any power ! Did a small test [giving the relay power straight from the battery ] and the car started and ran =). So I think it just doesn't have power. All my fuses are good and brand new computer. So if anyone could tell me where the relay gets it's power from. I would really be greatful
Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 AT 1:09 PM

It gets its power from the fuel pump inline fuse 20amp orange wire.
+1
Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 AT 1:34 PM
DOCFIXIT
There is an in-line fuse coming off battery junction block
Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 AT 1:40 PM
Hello, there two sources of voltage for the fuel pump relay. Voltage for the load side of relay comes from an inline 20 amp fuse, maybe located under the hood, passenger side front, probably attached to the fender lining, you'll just have to look. The other source, for the coil side of relay comes from the pcm. This info also shows an oil pressure switch in the fuel pump circuit, once you crank it enough to bring up oil pressure, the switch closes and the pump gets voltage even without the relay. The o/p switch and load side of relay gets voltage from the same fuse already mentioned.
Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 AT 1:43 PM
The other source, for the coil side of relay comes from the pcm. This one will be coming from the PCM dark green wire ckt 465 that powers the coil side from there it will power the gray that goes to the fuel pump when the switch side close. The OPS is the additional power when the engine cranks and build up oil pressure above 4psi.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_oil_sending_unit_and_fuel_pump_circuit_95.gif

+1
Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 AT 2:01 PM
Hello, Rasmataz and Docfixit, I didn't see you guys, I guess I'm going blind or something? Everybody have a nice day.
+1
Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 AT 2:17 PM