96 STARTING/FUEL PUMP?

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

cluelessblazrownr

October, 15, 2007 AT 10:22 PM

1st off, I'm a total moron, forgive the lack of detail. That being said, the 96 blazer in question (151k miles) has been having trouble starting. I noticed it started better when it had a full tank of gas. NOW, even though the tank is full, it has trouble starting. Tonights episode had a friend jumping on the front bumper while I cranked it. As I was cranking, I noticed the humming (I assume is the fuel pump) began to sound. Warbled. Like it was shorting out. I have no difficulty hearing the whining hum before the engine turns over, or cranks any other time. I know it needs work, but I'd rather have SOME knowledge as to what the problem is. I replaced the battery as I drained the other one trying to start it. As of now the starter works and the only other symptom is sometimes it feels like the engine sputters a little once I get it onto the freeway. After a few seconds, the acceleration is normal and fine. I have no knowledge of this vehicle and figure I could go broke correcting each of the symptoms. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

October, 16, 2007 AT 4:50 AM

1st thing 1st get that fuel pressure check with a gauge and report back with the readings then we can move on to other pertinent areas.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe