2004 Chevy Blazer Ignition/Hard Start/Key Stuck

GUILTYKANE01
  • 2004 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Started having problems 2 weeks ago with key getting stuck in acc position. Would not come out for a few minutes, until I would hear a click noise then it would release. Then a few days later the would not come out at all. So I would unhook the battery so it wouldnt die. I hooked it back up the next day and tried to start the car and it will not idle or stay started unless I press on the gas while starting it. And it takes up to 10 mintues while pressing on the gas to keep it running. After that the car will run smooth and will start up again with no problems as long as it is not more than 30 from the last start. No check engine light comes on at all. I took it up to Auto Zone to see if they could check it anyway without the check engine light coming on and it doesnt show any problems. What could be the problem, this is so frustrating. I'm tired of wasting gas trying to get it to start.
Wednesday, May 26th, 2010 AT 8:48 AM

CONSAKA
I believe the poor running is from the computer relearning all the parameters it uses to tell the engine what to do. As for the key getting stuck I am not sure. But it sounds like a pin might be broken or some other small piece of metal causing it to Jam up. The only way to really tell is to disassemble the steering column.
Wednesday, May 26th, 2010 AT 9:59 AM
CONSAKA
Wednesday, May 26th, 2010 AT 10:12 AM