2003 Chevy Blazer AFRAID TO DRIVE IT!

EMTCHICK83
  • 2003 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Other Category problem
2003 Chevy Blazer Engine Size unknown Four Wheel Drive Automatic 73,500 miles

I was a happy owner of a 2003 4 door chevy blazer. My vehicle is an automatic, and has power everything, push button 4 wheel drive, etc. I bought this vehicle used approximately 3 years ago with 16,000 miles on it from a dealership that used it as a "fleet vehice".

Within the past year I've had the gas censor replaced multiple times, as it reads incorrectly once its at 1/2 tank, from there it will jump around between empty and 1/2. Dispite the censor replacements it still reads incorrectly.

Another problem is I will notice that my vehicle will rev up intermittadly.

And my last major concern is that within the past month my check engine light/service engine soon light keeps coming on. I've been sure to tighten the gas cap until it 'clicks' I usually keep letting it clock to be sure its locked in. I've had it to the dealer already but they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Now 3 days after I had it checked, the light comes on again. It may be a coincidence, but it seems to coincide with when I take it out of 4 wheel drive. The first time it did not happen immediately after, just within the same day. Today was immediately after I took it out of 4 wheel drive.

My vehicle is not making any noises, is running fine, the light is just on. I plan on taking it to auto zone to have them read it, since I believe the dealership is treating me like an imbicile.

Any suggestions? I'd like to have a opinion so I can have an idea what the problem is. Alos, I am dilligent about oil changes, I have a new air and oil filter in there, I've had the transmission fluid changed within the past 6 months, and they just put in some kind of engine cleaner? To help improve the dismal gas milege (less than 12 miles a gallon!)Thanks !
Sunday, December 16th, 2007 AT 12:13 AM

EMTCHICK83
I brought my vehicle to autozone to find the trouble code, and I forget the exact # p0128? It has to do with there being low coolant and the temp reading being inaccurate. And low and behold when I went to put in collant it was almost empty. Now I just had my truck in the shop this past week to address the check engine light as well as the routine oil change and the ongoing shaking that occurs at 60 mph and greater.

I'm almost positive that on the sales slip it states that all engine fluids are topped off, etc as part of the oil change. And obviously they never hooked up my truck to that computer to find out why the service engine soon light was on. Needless to say I'm a little peeved.

As for the shaking, I have new tires (less than 1 year old) and had a tire rotate and front end alignment 4 1/2 months ago. I don't go off roading with this vehicle, is it unusual for it to need to have it done again? And also my tires are apparently wearing unevenly, but the psi is fine. But the service guy for the dealership stated he couldn't get the vehicle to reproduce the shaking, well duh mccgyver that's bc you didn't bring it on the highway, it doesn't shake until you hit 60 mph.

THEN after replacing the collant and letting it run for a little bit, I had to place it in 4WD (hi) briefly to get down my driveway (2 snowstorms in 1 week). At the end of my driveway I placed the vehicle in park (as advised by dealer) and push the 2WD button. I placed vehicle back in drive, turned out onto the road and my truck shut off in the middle of the road, with the red battery light turning on. I just got a new battery put in last month. It started up again, but it scared the $%#$ out of me, I live on a "blind" corner, I'm lucky I wasn't toast.

So What in the name of all that is holy is going on with my blazer? I am religious about getting scheduled maitnenince done, I rarely go on the highway, I don't drive like a maniac, I don't go off roading. I'm scared to drive my truck to be honest.

I understand that having 73,500 miles will require some upkeep, but to me this past year has been ridiculous. I have had the motors in my rear ant front windshield wipers replaced and all 4 ball joint/bearings? Replaced as well, but I think thats not unusual for a vehicle with my milege. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.
Monday, December 17th, 2007 AT 12:54 AM