2001 Chevy Blazer I Am Having Major Problems! Blazer Will

THREED
  • 2001 CHEVROLET BLAZER
I have a 2001 Blazer Xtreme with an air ride, shaved door handles, and an aftermarket alarm system with key fob. The key fob is used to get into the Blazer and turn the alarm on and off. Basically, you press two buttons on the key fob and the door pops open. On the back of the key fob it says Valet and has the following FCC ID:

EZSDEI474P

A few weeks ago it would not start, so we charged the battery and that seemed to fix it. However, now it WILL NOT start! The key fob is wired to open the doors and it works fine, but it won't start. It won't even grind. My Dad opened the door and the alarm went off and he could not get it to stop! He had to un-hook the battery to get the alarm to stop. But, now when you try to start it, it won't do anything. Also, it is sitting on a small incline and only has about a gallon or two gas in it. Will this be one of the causes? I tried to start it yesterday, and it would grind, but it wouldn't start. The lights would work, door would pop open, etc. But, it just wouldn't start. Now, it won't do ANYTHING! It won't even grind: It's like the battery is dead, but I know it isn't, because the doors will still pop open. Can anyone PLEASE help? Thanks!
Thursday, January 1st, 2009 AT 11:47 PM

Hi:
Make sure the battery has enough power to crank the engine. Turn the headlights on and see of they nearly go out when you crank it. And yes, if you are that low on gas, it could be the problem. Did you check for spark and fuel pressure?

Saturday, January 3rd, 2009 AT 6:21 PM
THREED
My Dad finally got it started and later he tried to start it again. It eventually started, but it took forever. But, once he got it started, I shut it off and tried again and it started right back up. However, when I try to start it again later, it still takes a while before it will start. It just keeps cranking, but eventually it will finally start. My Dad changed 3 of the plug wires, but hasn't changed the other 3 yet. That may help after he changes the other 3. Thanks for the reply!
Saturday, January 3rd, 2009 AT 11:06 PM
Hi:
I'm glad it finally started. Listen, if the car starts right up after you shut the engine, and then it is hard to start after is sit for some time, check the fuel pump pressure after it sit overnight. It sounds like it's getting weak.

Let me know if this helps.

Sunday, January 4th, 2009 AT 12:20 PM
THREED
I just went out to try and start it again, and it wouldn't start. Also, my Dad said he fully charged the battery and it still wouldn't start. It's getting really frustrating. I don't know what to do.
Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 6:10 PM
THREED
I made a mistake earlier about the plug wires. He didn't replace the plug wires, it was the plugs. He replaced 3 of the plugs, but hasn't replaced the other 3 yet. Sorry about that.
Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 6:42 PM
Listen, if it's cranking but not starting, either the fuel or the spark is missing, or it's out of time which I don't believe at this point. Check for both. Also, when you check for fuel pressure, let me know what you get.

Don't worry; we'll figure it out. Just get that info for me and we'll move on from there.
Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 7:37 PM
THREED
My Dad said that it was getting fuel and fire. However, it hasn't been started today, so I don't know. My uncle is a mechanic and we are going to try and get it started to take over to him and let him check it out. I got the Blazer from a guy in Georgia and he said that he never had a problem. When I firgt brought it home it would start fine the first time every time. And, then it got cold down here and I left it sitting without trying to start it. Well, once I did try to start it the battery was dead. So, we charged it and it started. However, it has been very hard to start up ever since then. Thanks so much for your replies.
Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 8:02 PM
THREED
Just letting you know, I think we fixed the problem. My Dad and uncle cleaned the distributor cap and it started fine. I tried to start it again later and it started the first time. So, hopefully that fixed the problem. Thanks again for the replies and the help.
Friday, January 9th, 2009 AT 11:45 PM