CHEVY HARD TO START

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

hargrovequinceyl

September, 21, 2009 AT 9:49 PM

2001 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 147000 miles

2001 Blazer 4.3 v6 147000. Intermittent cold start problem. My truck is hard to start maybe twice a month in the mornings. It is especially hard to start after rainy, humid weather. It turns over, then immediately sputters and dies out. If I press the accelerator during starting, it will sometimes eventually start, after softly backfiring in a few attempts. Yes, I do smell gas, but no black smoke is apparent. I have had the plugs, wires and cap changed. I have replace the fuel pump, filter and spider-piece (injectors). After it starts, there are no more problems for the rest of the day. It runs great. Gas Mileage sucks though. It used to emit a raw smell which my mechanic suspected to be coming from the catalytic converter. No other symptoms though. What gives!

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

Jacobandnickolas

October, 19, 2009 AT 12:23 PM

Check and make sure the crank sensor is clean and tight. Also, has the check engine light come on?

hargrovequinceyl

October, 20, 2009 AT 9:42 PM

Thank you for replying : )

I will check the crank shaft sensor. The check engine light has not come on. It has also started to bog down under heavy acceleration, but it doesn't do it every time.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 20, 2009 AT 11:24 PM

Let me know what you find. Also, check for vacuum leaks and make sure the EGR is working properly.

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right