CHEVY STARTING ISSUE

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

Wurtle38

July, 15, 2010 AT 4:46 PM

2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

this is an odd question I rolled my blazer and decided I wanted that 200 hp 4.3L engine in my 85 camaro so I kept all the wiring together in the swap and it doesn't always want to start. I think it's the passlock II system. In order to get it to start I had to reinstall the ignition switch, have my scan gauge II plugged into the OBDII port, and have at least 12.6 volts on the battery and it'll fire right up. Sometimes it will keep running and sometimes it will die 2 seconds later. So I can't really drive it.
I did swap out the blazer fuel pump and ran it off a switch cause the blazer wiring wasn't powering it. I heard that the passlock kills power to the fuel injectors is there a way around it that way?
when it does run it's great. So I don't think there's a bunch of issues probably just the injectors being killed by the securty system

Replace Ignition Switch
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide