2000 Chevy Blazer Intake manifold gasket replacement

SLESSARD
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER

Engine problem
2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 96000 miles

I have a small coolant leak from the intake manifold gasket so I need to replace it. I followed Chevy's procedure for removing the intake manifold. Disconnect battery, remover EVAP canister purge selenoid, disconnected harness and hoses, relieve fuel pressure, disconnect cables from throttle lever cam, disconnect fuel feed and return lines from fuel meter body assembly, disconnect power break and crankase ventilation hoses, and finaly I removed the manifold mounting studs. The manifold is very loose but I can't seem to get it off the engine. So my question is in 3 parts. 1) do I have to disconnect the fuel meeter body assembly to enable the manifold to be removed? 2) I just disconnected the fuel lines and have a bungie kind of hold them aside, do they have to be removed at the way back of the engine near the distributor cap (because that looks to be very difficult)? 3) can you offer any suggestion other than the previous 2 questions to enable the safe removal of the manifold?

Saturday, January 26th, 2008 AT 11:27 AM