2000 Chevy Blazer hesitation. Maf sensor problem?

FIGMENT179
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER

2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

Hi all, thanks so much in advance for your help. In my 2000 Blazer (4.3L V6), when you first start it and put it in drive, it will "hesitate" for probably 10 to 15 seconds, meaning that it will have a severe lack of power for that 10 or 15 seconds then will be fine the rest of the drive no matter how long or short the drive. This doesn't ALWAYS happen, but more often than not. I've already had the fuel filter and cap and rotor replaced and none of those have helped at all. I did a diagnostic check at my local AutoZone and it came up with an Airflow problem. Is it possible that this is a faulty or dirty master air flow sensor? Thanks so much for any and all help!

Saturday, May 31st, 2008 AT 2:46 PM

MASTERTECHTIM

You hit the nail on the head. Try cleaning sensor with cleaner before replacing it. But you might need to replace it.

Saturday, May 31st, 2008 AT 2:51 PM
FIGMENT179

So far so good! I went in with the spray and it at least has WAY more power than it did before, and so far (knocking on wood) no hesitations. Thanks so much again, mastertechtim!

Sunday, June 1st, 2008 AT 9:40 AM