CHEVY HESITATION... MAF SENSOR PROBLEM?

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

figment179

May, 31, 2008 AT 2:46 PM

2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

Hi all, thanks so much in advance for your help. In my 2000 Blazer (4.3L V6), when you first start it and put it in drive, it will " hesitate" for probably 10 to 15 seconds, meaning that it will have a severe lack of power for that 10 or 15 seconds then will be fine the rest of the drive no matter how long or short the drive. This doesn't ALWAYS happen, but more often than not. I've already had the fuel filter and cap and rotor replaced and none of those have helped at all. I did a diagnostic check at my local AutoZone and it came up with an Airflow problem. Is it possible that this is a faulty or dirty master air flow sensor? Thanks so much for any and all help!

mastertechtim

May, 31, 2008 AT 2:51 PM

You hit the nail on the head. Try cleaning sensor with cleaner before replacing it. But you might need to replace it.

figment179

June, 1, 2008 AT 9:40 AM

So far so good! I went in with the spray and it at least has WAY more power than it did before, and so far (knocking on wood) no hesitations. Thanks so much again, mastertechtim!

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995