2000 Chevy Blazer Blazer WON'T START

• 1 POST

2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 121000 miles

Gentlemen, heres a good one for you, my blazer, a 2000, 4wd, 4.3, with 121k on her just up and quit running overnight! Wife drove it home, parked in driveway, shut of engine and came in. She had just return home from work and a stop at the store to get a new keyless entry battery for the remote, (other one seem to have to be right on top of vehicle to work or didn't work at all). That night I changed the battery, and resync it according to owners manual. We went to bed. Next day remote worked great, but car wouldn't start. When key is turn to run, not the start side, we used to here pump humm, but now nothing! I checked fuses in box underhood (ecm-b and hot on both sides), check and changed out relay in fuse box under hood and changed in (swap) with a known good one from another circuit and still no hum. So I decided to look at your site. Another person on Nov.23 2008 ( "Whowardiii" wrote to you with the same problem) and a person named "rasmataz" came back with some helpful info, except his last comment was to check out the computer fuel pump relay control. But he doesn't say were or how to check this out. Can you Help me with this? Were is it and how do I check it out? Did changing the battery in the remote do anything? Did this go into "PASSLOCK" and how do I get it out? Any other ideas to search for would help. Thanks

Friday, January 23rd, 2009 AT 9:47 AM

Hi dan. Sure sounds like a security prob has been implemented here. Disconnect neg bat cable for a cpl mins. After you reconnect the batt unlock pass door with key and try and start vehicle if no help reprogram fab one more time. Do you have a security light flashing?/ Well let me know and we will deceide where to go next thanks billymac. IF THIS QUESTION WAS FOR RAZMATAZ SORRY DID NOT SPECIFY BILLYMAC

Saturday, January 24th, 2009 AT 10:07 AM