No power to fuel pump

CBOLLINGER48818
  • 1999 CHEVROLET BLAZER

Six cylinder four wheel drive automatic 150,000 miles.

The miles are on the chassis, mileage on engine is unknown (has been replaced). I am not getting any power to fuel pump. When this happened it was running fine and would not start back up after being shut off. I have replaced the fuel relay and oil pressure switch. Not sure where to look next except start tracing wires back.

Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 7:37 PM

Do you hear the fuel pump come on when key is at run position? If not check the ECM control relay circuit. Have you checked the fuel pump fuse?

Here are some fuel pump wiring diagrams and a guide to help us get started fixing the problem.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

There is a year split on the location of the relay so I gave you both.

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

+7
Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 7:49 PM
CBOLLINGER48818

I did not see anything labelled as a fuel pump fuse, only the relay. I have checked all fuses in the engine compartment are there fuses anywhere else? The fuel pump does not come on when key in the on position. No juice getting to connector at fuel tank. All fuses are good ECM circuit is good. No power at fuel pump test connector(ALCL connector terminal G).

+8
Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 11:14 PM

All you got is 2secs to look for power-Be at the fuel pump connector and hook up the voltmeter and have helper turn key to On-do you have power? If not track it back thru the wires and the fuel pump relay. See fuel pump relay below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_fuse_pump_fuse_1.jpg

BETTER IMAGE ABOVE

+11
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 5:26 PM
CBOLLINGER48818

What you are showing me is the diagram of the fuse block.
The one that is labelled fuel pump is a relay (right?).
I am told there is also a relay up by the firewall on the right side of vehicle.
If this is true I have power going to this relay.
Which one is actually the fuel relay?
If I look up fuel relay on parts stores web sites it shows me the 4 pin that is in the fuse box on left side of engine compartment.

+3
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 7:07 PM

It is the one in the under hood fuse/relay block.

+1
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 9:45 PM
FOSSIL ROCK

I have a 2000 Blazer 2WD, my fuel pump works sometimes and does not other times.

I tested the ECM B fuse socket and found, there is voltage on both sides when the key is on (11.48 on left side towards front. 45 on right side towards firewall). The right side terminal slowly drains down after a few minutes.

Where is this "Terminal G" test connector located on the Blazer?

+1
Monday, November 24th, 2008 AT 4:42 PM
BCRAIG

Check the ground, it is on the rear left cross member. There are two wires, one is for static discharge, and the other is the power ground. It is up on top of the little corner gusset.

Both wires need to be connected. I had the static ground connected only, no go. Connect the ground and runs excellent.

I forgot to connect it. Called the pump company Airtex, it was their suggestion. They said corrosion has been a big issue also.

This was my second pump in two years, wonder if I forgot it two years ago, and some how ran?

Will never know.

+2
Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 AT 6:56 PM