1998 CHEVY BLAZER TURN SIGNAL PROBLEMS

• fng605
  • 1998 Chevrolet Blazer

1998 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

My flasher will not stop clicking after my turn signals shut off. Do I need to replace the turn signal lever?

Sunday, June 7th, 2009 AT 4:44 PM

• racefan966

Have you replaced the flasher itself? Let me know.

Monday, June 15th, 2009 AT 1:54 PM
  • fng605

I have not replaced anything at this point. Will the flasher do this if it goes bad?

Monday, June 15th, 2009 AT 9:58 PM
  • racefan966

It could depends on what type of flasher it is. Do you have a digital multi meter? I need you to do a simple test. Find the flasher unit it is behind the right side of the dash. Now there are 4 wires to it. Turn the turn signal on and check the light blue wire for power let me know what you find. Now check the purple wire and see if it has power let me know what you find. Now turn of the signal switch and check the blue wire again does it still have power? If it still has power after the switch has been turned off the the switch is sticking and needs to be replaced. Hope this helps. Thanks.

+1
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 10:17 AM
  • fng605

I did the testing you suggested and found the Lt. Blue wire had power with the signal on or off and the purple wire had no power reading either way. You stated I have to replace the switch, Do you mean I have to replace the entire signal lever assembly? Thank you for your assistance.

Friday, June 19th, 2009 AT 8:58 PM
  • racefan966

OK it looks like the turn and hazzard is all built into the turn signal switch assembly. The best I can tell this will need to be replaced. Here is pic of how it comes. I would also check salvage or wrecking yards for a better price.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_102883_1.jpg

Saturday, June 20th, 2009 AT 9:05 AM