CHEVY TURN SIGNAL PROBLEMS

1998 Chevrolet Blazer

fng605

June, 7, 2009 AT 4:44 PM

1998 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

My flasher will not stop clicking after my turn signals shut off. Do I need to replace the turn signal lever?

racefan966

June, 15, 2009 AT 1:54 PM

Have you replaced the flasher itself? Let me know.

fng605

June, 15, 2009 AT 9:58 PM

I have not replaced anything at this point. Will the flasher do this if it goes bad?

racefan966

June, 16, 2009 AT 10:17 AM

It could depends on what type of flasher it is. Do you have a digital multi meter? I need you to do a simple test. Find the flasher unit it is behind the right side of the dash. Now there are 4 wires to it. Turn the turn signal on and check the light blue wire for power let me know what you find. Now check the purple wire and see if it has power let me know what you find. Now turn of the signal switch and check the blue wire again does it still have power? If it still has power after the switch has been turned off the the switch is sticking and needs to be replaced. Hope this helps. Thanks.

fng605

June, 19, 2009 AT 8:58 PM

I did the testing you suggested and found the Lt. Blue wire had power with the signal on or off and the purple wire had no power reading either way. You stated I have to replace the switch, Do you mean I have to replace the entire signal lever assembly? Thank you for your assistance.

racefan966

June, 20, 2009 AT 9:05 AM

OK it looks like the turn and hazzard is all built into the turn signal switch assembly. The best I can tell this will need to be replaced. Here is pic of how it comes. I would also check salvage or wrecking yards for a better price.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_102883_1.jpg

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro