1998 Chevy Blazer No heat to floor

SEABEE26
  • 1998 CHEVROLET BLAZER
I have a 98 Blazer ZR2 and the floor heat has not worked since have owned it. The same goes for A/C as well. When I turn the climate control selector to floor I hear the doors moveing but it just goes to defrost. Are the doors stuck or is the selector malfunctioning?
Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 AT 9:41 AM

RHALL77
Does it stay on defrost all the time? Do you know if it is automatic temp controls?
Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 AT 1:02 PM
SEABEE26
It has manual climate control and defrost works as well as the air on your face. It just goes right to defrost when I select floor
Wednesday, May 21st, 2008 AT 1:44 PM
RHALL77
Sounds like a HVAC control unit problem not sending vaccum to the correct actuator. Or you are loosing vaccum at the actuator.
Wednesday, May 21st, 2008 AT 2:26 PM
DEBMOWAT
I have the same problem with my 97' blazer! Defrost only for all heat and a/c settings. If it might be the HVAC conrtol unit or the actuator, where are they located on the vehicle, and can you fix them yourself, test, replace, get used at wreckers?
Saturday, June 21st, 2008 AT 2:17 AM
RHALL77
If your not sure how to test it, I would suggest going to a junk yard and getting a new HVAC control and seeing if it works.
Monday, June 23rd, 2008 AT 8:04 AM