1998 Chevy Blazer hesitation

WONDERCHIC
  • 1998 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Blazer hesitates when I first start driving and then again after stop sign. After about 15 minutes of driving I have no more problems until the next day. It has now sometimes started a small backfire. Last year I had the fuel filter replaced along with a complete tuneup. I have had the distributor cap replaced again just in case it was moisture related, it is still happening, also had oxygen sensors replaced. Help!
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 AT 9:01 AM

I would start by checking for vacuum leaks. Also, remove the EGR and make sure it doesn't have carbon plugging it or the intake where it attaches. Make sure it is working properly.

Let me know what you find.
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009 AT 8:05 AM
WONDERCHIC
We tried the things you suggested and still having problems. Prior to your response we have had mechanics tell us it's the computer, or the fuel injectors, or the distributor. Even the dealer doesn't know what it is. We have replaced the thermostat, ignition coil, cleaned the mass air flow sensor, used seafoam to clean injectors. I am at the end of my rope with this problem if you have anymore suggestions I will gladly try them. Thankyou so much for your response.
Wednesday, September 9th, 2009 AT 8:50 AM
DPEPE79
I drove myself nuts with a similar problem. Thinking the engine was flooding or not getting enough gas.

Check your battery connections. I have side screw connections and the negative was rusted and also broke down the threads. You could wiggle the screw.

I replaced the bolt and the problem went away.

If one of the connectors is not bad, don't kill yourself trying to replace the battery wires.

Probably not that simple but at least check it out. Mine is a 1999 and has one of those high end duralast batteries
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 8:08 AM