1997 CHEVY BLAZER REMOVING DASH TO REPLACE HEATER CORE

• freek_kc
  • 1997 Chevrolet Blazer

Heater problem
1997 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I need to remove my dash so I can replace my heater core. How do I remove the dash? I know where the heater core is located, do I need to remove the entire dash, or just the dash panels where the heater core is?

Monday, November 24th, 2008 AT 3:44 AM

• SWilliams

The entire dash needs to come out. It is not a fun thing to do. You should have a copy of the manual to do it easily. In short you need to disconnect the battery, unbolt the steering column from the dash. There are a bunch of bolts that hold the dash in. One on each end under the dash, two or so in the middle under the dash, then there are bolts hidden behind the A/C vents behind the speaker grills and behind the defrost vent. Once they are all out the dash can be moved out of the way enough to get to the heater case. Figure about 6 hours if you have done it once longer if you need to learn as you go.

+4
Tuesday, November 25th, 2008 AT 11:35 PM