1997 Chevy Blazer Fuel Pump not getting power

ASTRALDARKSTAR
  • 1997 CHEVROLET BLAZER
1997 Chevy Blazer Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I'll be driving down the road in my 97 blazer and everything is running fine. Then gauges on the dash will drop and the blazer completely loses power for about 2-3 seconds. The air bag light will flash and the battery light will light up as well. This problem has been going on for months. But recently its gotten worse. When I put the key in the ignition and turn it, it takes about 30 seconds for the dash lights and everything to turn on before I can completely start the vehicle. If I try to start it before the lights come on it just turns over forever. I took it to the mechanic thinking it was the fuel pump but was told that the fuel pump was fine just not getting power. Please help?
Thursday, May 28th, 2009 AT 4:10 PM

I took it to the mechanic thinking it was the fuel pump but was told that the fuel pump was fine just not getting power-How did he came about this-

Did he do a fuel pressure check by jumping off the fuel pump? And for you -Do you hear the fuel pump come on for a few secs when you turn key to run position.

No power could mean the fuse and fuel pump relay and pump itself
+1
Thursday, May 28th, 2009 AT 4:28 PM