1997 Chevy Blazer constant vibration all speeds

WILDGUY2
  • 1997 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1997 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

Have a 97 Blazer that has a constant vibration that feels to be under the passenger side floor, even in 4 wheel drive or 2 it continues and also makes a kinda low pitched grinding sound, but doesn't sound metallic.

Service center replaced worn ball joints and had tie rods replaced as well. Tech says its possibly the Rear End making the sound and vibration but feels to me like its under the front end.

Had a CV boot replaced so is it possible I have a dry CV shaft or worn completely? Would this cause the vibration and noise. Previous experience from worn CV joints there would be a loud snap in the front when turning left or right depending on which was worn, but this doesn't happen in this case, was also told that a inner joint maybe doing it and if so it will not make that familiar snap noise but can cause a vibration. At the moment I am completely baffled by what it could be. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 2:57 PM

CRZYDRVR
Have the tire checked for a broken belt.
Tuesday, March 31st, 2009 AT 8:09 AM