CHEVY COLD START PROBLEM

1997 Chevrolet Blazer

David L.

October, 11, 2009 AT 8:02 PM

1997 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 245000 miles

When cold, cranks good will not start. I spray choke cleaner in throttle body engine fires up right away. Engine runs great, you can drive anywhere. I make a stop after engine is warmed up good. I might be in a store for 10 or 15 minutes and when I come out it might start or not, so I have to do choke cleaner sray again. Engine fires up right away and I drive all day. I have replaced fuel pump, strainer, fuel pump relay, coolant temp senser and intake manifold gasket. It is a W engine code. I have been unemployed since June 2009, and I can't afford to take it to the shop. My girlfriend has to drive the truck at times and I am embarassed when she has to get under the hood and sray choke cleaner in TBI to get the Blazer started. PLEASE help me if you can !

October, 11, 2009 AT 8:28 PM

Do this get it started and remove the fuel pump relay if it dies out the fuel pump and oil pressure sending unit is defective

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang