CHEVY WONT START...

1997 Chevrolet Blazer

cmayhew1984

August, 10, 2010 AT 7:24 PM

1997 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I had just got my blazer fixed. I had a new transmission put it, and had new bearing put in, and a tune up. I drove from Oklahoma to Colorado it was just fine. A few days later in Colorado it stops running in the middle of the road. Everything locks up, and it kills the battery. Bought a new battery so I could get my keys out of ignition. Still wont start. It tries to flip over but never starts. Any luck fixing it?

August, 10, 2010 AT 7:28 PM

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/COP/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test