1996 Chevy Blazer turn signals inoperable

RONELAKE
  • 1996 CHEVROLET BLAZER
My turn signals stopped blinking by themselves so I manually operated the turn/signal switch to make the lights blink. Then suddenly around two the three months later the turn lights are altogether inoperable. Tried checking the fuses and all seem ok. No breaks in any of the fuses. Also this seemed to happen after replacing one of my front headlights. Additionally after replacing that headlight my DRL is not working also.
Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009 AT 4:40 AM

RACEFAN966
I would first check the turn hazard flasher module behind the left side of the instrument panel. Check the purple wire for power. Let me know what you find.
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2009 AT 10:39 AM
RONELAKE
The hazard lights are working fine, I should have included that in my question, sorry. Where do I go from here. Could a bad turn signal flasher make the turn signals completely inoperable?
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2009 AT 8:05 PM
RACEFAN966
Well I would check the turn signal flasher first. Then check the purple wire as discribed previously. Let me know how it goes.
Monday, December 28th, 2009 AT 7:07 PM
RONELAKE
Yes the flasher was the problem. It was located under the dash behind the cigarette lighter so a lot of disassembly of the lower dash panels was necessary. I have to give it to those guys at General Motors because first they didn't list where the flashers were in the owners manual or that it could even be the problem, and second every screw, bolt nut was a different type than the other making it no so easy for me to replace. And I have worked in the automotive service industry for about 15 years. So it came down to just a three dollar flasher. But I am back on the road now and am a happy camper.
Thursday, December 31st, 2009 AT 3:28 PM
RACEFAN966
Great glad to hear it. Sorry I didn't give you the location forgot to do that. Anyway thanks and have a great New Year.
Saturday, January 2nd, 2010 AT 9:45 PM