1996 Blazer would not stsrt

1996DINO
  • 1996 CHEVROLET BLAZER
I went out to my blazer and I tried to start the car, but it wouldn't turn over, or make an noise that it wanted to start. Nothing, I only drove 75 miles that day, but then I went start it this afternoon and it started up, but for the last 3 weeks it seems to take longer to start when it used to turn over right away, some people think it could be spark plugs or the starter or alternator. What do you think could be wrong with it?People said to pump the gas when I start it, but I never did beofre and now it helped a bit ti pump just a but, then it smells like gas once in a while.
Sunday, August 17th, 2008 AT 6:57 PM

FWUPOW
It's important to denote the difference between "cranking" and "starting". These are two different things!

It sounds like you're saying that your Blazer refused to crank or "turn over" when you turned the key. If this is the case, it may be something as simple as a bad connection to the battery. Check your battery cables and connections.
Tuesday, August 26th, 2008 AT 10:42 PM