1995 Chevy Blazer Will not start

KAYT
  • 1995 CHEVROLET BLAZER
1995 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

sputterd backfired stopped when driving. Will not start.
Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 2:14 PM

Hi Kayt, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

What you need to do here is to do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem and get back with some results so that we can continue

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.
Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 2:40 PM
KAYT
Thanks for the response TY need as much advice as I can get.

I hear fuel pump and I have pressure.I didn't see the spark my self but was told it did have spark. It sounds like I'm out of gas when I try to start it but I have a half tank of gas. How do I check the ignition system?
Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 4:16 PM
No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard i
Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 5:13 PM