1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. If equipped, remove the Vehicle Control Module (VCM) from the engine compartment.
3. Remove the coolant recovery reservoir.
4. Disconnect the blower motor cooling tube.
5. Unplug the electrical connector(s) from the blower motor, as necessary.
6. Remove the blower motor-to-case screws, then carefully withdraw the blower motor from the case.
To install: 7. Install the blower motor to the case and secure using the retaining screws.
8. Engage the electrical connector(s) to the motor, as necessary.
9. If moved on early model vehicles, reposition and secure the A/C vacuum tank.
10. Connect the blower motor cooling tube.
11. Install the coolant recovery reservoir, then if equipped, install the VCM.
12. Connect the negative battery cable.