CHEVY ENGINE WILL NOT START

1995 Chevrolet Blazer

airman32

October, 12, 2009 AT 4:04 PM

1995 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 195000 miles

The engine will turn over but not start. If I leave the the car sit overnight it will momentarily start then die. ECM fuse is good, replaced fuel pump relay and I have gone down to the tank to listen for the fuel pump operation while my son powers the pump by using the " Fuel Pump Test Terminal" and the pump is working. This problem occoured right after I replaced the front brake pads and took the vehicle for a test drive and gave the vehicle to my daughter. She started the vehicle normally and started driving to the supermarket. She stated that the car just stopped while driving 35 mph.

October, 12, 2009 AT 5:32 PM

Fuel Pump Test Terminal" and the pump is working. You need to check the actual fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge. It doesn't mean just bcuz it came on its doing its job-Fuel pressure is very critical on EFI system.

Also do below: The engine will turn over but not start

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang