1995 Chevy Blazer

• 1 POST

1995 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

The truck does not want to run. We started it the other day and after 20 mins. It stalled an wont start back up. We have changed alot of parts like fuel pump, fuel pump relay, computer, power train control module, vehicle identification box, distributor module, distributor pick up, ignition coil and battery. No matter what we do it wont start please help me. I really need to get this truck going so I have a way back and forth to college!

Sunday, August 22nd, 2010 AT 8:55 PM

You could have gotten it professionally diagnosed for a lot less money than you spent throwing all those parts at it.

All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can ONLY be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem isn't present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That's what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

4) If all of these things check good, then you would need to do a complete compression test.

Sunday, August 22nd, 2010 AT 8:58 PM