1994 CHEVY BLAZER VORTEC ENGINE 4.3L, "SPIDER INJECTOR

• vanessad
  • 1994 Chevrolet Blazer

1994 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

I have a 94 Chevy Blazer with the 4.3 vortec engine. My truck started to run a little rough so I added some fuel injector cleaner in with the gas, this seemed to have resolved the issue for almost 2 weeks. I drove my truck yesterday and it seemed to drag before it came out of first gear to start off, as the day progressed it seemed to get alot worse, I would have my foot on the gas with the pedal to the floor and would not gain much speed if any. I added some more injector cleaner and drove a little distance before I noticed a cloud of white smoke coming from the tail pipe and it putted real bad. I was able to pull to the side of the road and my truck completely shut down. I can't even get it to turn over now. I am unsure and don't want to repair things that don't need it due to lack of money at the present time. I asked a mechanic to take a look at it and he said something about smelling "raw" gas. My question is could this be the fuel pump causing the issues? I am in the process of ordering a spider fuel injector for it. Please help.

Friday, October 1st, 2010 AT 6:29 PM

• rasmataz

Open the upper plenum and inspect the fuel nut kit and the fuel pressure regulator if its leaking you'll see the washed-out area between the two-

Friday, October 1st, 2010 AT 6:50 PM