1993 Chevy Blazer replaceing quarter glass

HDHARDTAIL
  • 1993 CHEVROLET BLAZER
How do you replace the quarter glass? I need to remove a good glass and install it in another vehicle. It is the rear glass in the rear quarter pannel, is is stationary and does not open.
Friday, April 30th, 2010 AT 2:45 AM

Take it to a auto glass shop, because teh urethane that you need to install it is way to exspensive as well as the activator to make it work right.
-2
Friday, April 30th, 2010 AT 6:01 PM
HDHARDTAIL
This was the wrong place to go for help, Im not going to load a junk car on a trailer and haul it 20 miles to a glass shop, just to have them remove the glass, I don't mind taking the one to them that runs, thats why I asked for help on removing it. Sure didn't take muck talent to come up with that answer, hell my wife could of come up with that.
Friday, April 30th, 2010 AT 10:13 PM
The reason I say go to a glass shop is that usually when glass gets old it breaks when you try to remove it. You may bo to a junk yard and see if they have one already taken out for you. If you are bent on replacing ityourself then go ahead and get one from a junk yard, Make sure to do this outside as the chemicals that are required are not the best ones to be around. When you take out the old glass you'll need a heat gun to help you get through the old urethane as it gets very hard after time.
Saturday, May 1st, 2010 AT 10:34 AM
HDHARDTAIL
Wasn't too hard to do, took a while to carefully cut out the old glass, a tube of urethane cost $18.00, Window is also held in place with 8 clips so I didn't have to use tape to hold it in place till urethane dried. Think I'll do the windshield next, it has a small crack in it and I can get a new one for $68.00.
+1
Friday, May 21st, 2010 AT 12:25 AM