1996 Chevy Beretta No power when I hit the gas

MICHAEL101021
  • 1996 CHEVROLET BERETTA
So about a week ago I drove my car to work it was acting fine I came out after work and the engine light was on. The car has no power at all and wont go over 25mph once it heats up. It runs alright when it is cold still come power lose but hardly any compared to when it heats up. I really need help I took it into the shop all they did was listen to it and they told me my engine was shot. The bearings were going. That just doesnt seem to add up, because it is throwing a vac leek code. It it maybe the fuel filter? Any suguestions would be great thanks.
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 1:52 PM

First, and engine doesn't go just like that, especially bearings. Do you have a bad knock or rap in the engine? I also want you to check something. WHen you get home and it's not running right, let it idle and look at the catylatic converter. If it is cherry red, it's plugged and causing your problem. I would also like to know what the codes were they found when the computer was scanned.

Let me know.

Monday, December 21st, 2009 AT 10:32 AM