2002 CHEVY AVALANCHE STARTING PROBLEMS 2002 CHEVY AVALANCHE

• mmtaylor44
  • 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche

2002 Chevy Avalanche V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 66000 miles

I have owned my truck for 2 years and it has always started very slow as if the battery was not powerful enough. Yesterday was a very cold day in Ohio and my truck finally did not start. I took the old battery out had it tested and indeed it was bad but was the correct size battery for my Avalanche. I replaced the battery with a brand new optimus battery with 730 CA which cost me $160 dollars. Even after the new battery is starts very slow. This morning I had enough power to unlock my doors but not to start. I tried to jump my truck but did not have any luck. I put the brand new battery on a charger and it was down to 75% charge. Do you think I have an electrical problem or a starter problem?

Thursday, January 3rd, 2008 AT 10:38 AM

• dennyp

Check your battery cable ends. Make sure there is no corrosion. This is the most common problem I see.

Thursday, January 10th, 2008 AT 6:37 AM
  • mmtaylor44

It took a week for you to tell me to check for corrosion. Nice website. Well, a week ago I changed my starter/solenoid and that was the problem. The solenoid had a slight crack in the casing. Thanks for all the help, I'm sure I will return next time.

Thursday, January 10th, 2008 AT 9:03 AM