1999 Chevy Astro Good Crank but no start

DAN944
  • 1999 CHEVROLET ASTRO
1999 Chevy Astro 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 99 Chevy Astro, last week it took 3 times to get it started(motor turned but no start), then it happened again a few hours later, luckly I made it back home, next day it would'nt start, same crank but no start, I replaces the fuel filter and fuel pump, after this it started ok, but abought 1 hr later, it would not start again, so I pulled the fuel pump back out and replaced it with another new one, now im back to square one, motor turns but no pump, I shortd the pump relay and canot hear the pump, PLEASE HELP.
Friday, September 19th, 2008 AT 9:17 PM

Check ECM B 20amp fuse if okay-If relay don't energize when key is in run for 2 secs-You have a problem with the computer fuel pump relay control circuit-Relay energizes check for power on the gray wire on the fuel pump connector.
Friday, September 19th, 2008 AT 11:26 PM
DAN944
Wire harness from fuel pump to Connector where Ground connects on chassie near front of fuel tank had bad connection on Gray wire, reconnected and seems to be good now, thanks for you help.
Saturday, September 20th, 2008 AT 4:28 PM