Check Engine light will not illuminate when car is in on position preventing the car from cranking.

DAMONMORRIS
  • 1996 LINCOLN TOWN CAR
When I had my car taken in to have the intake manifold replaced, I noticed that My check engine light came on. Then a few days later in noticed that when put my key in the on position the check engine light did not come on and the car would not crank. After letting the car sit for a minute or for a long period of time it would eventually crank. I had the fuel pump replaced as a mechanic told me that was the problem. It did not help. I noticed that if I turned the key in the on position and the check engine light would not illuminate, I would pop the hood take the fuel pump relay out and put it back in and the car would crank just fine. So, I replaced the relay. However, after this, the problem started again. So now when my car does this I have to pop the hood, thake the relay out, and put it back in. This makes the check engine light illuminate and I can crank the car. Can you please help me find the problem so I can fix properly. I am just wasting money I don't have.
Monday, June 17th, 2013 AT 11:38 AM

DOCFIXIT
Check for trouble codes
Monday, June 17th, 2013 AT 1:01 PM