Changing spark plugs and wires

VINCE44
  • 2003 KIA SORENTO
I took my truck to Ace Auto Repair because it was a misfire in cylinder 2 so I had them change the spark plugs and wires they did that and about 3 hours later they call me and tell me my truck ran for 5 minutes and all a sudden my engine blew I never had engine problems always kept my oil changed and all other maintenance done he said it must have been internal that's the explanation he gives me and they still charged me full price my truck was running when I brought it their just had a small miss how does that happen.
Saturday, February 13th, 2016 AT 5:57 AM

WRENCHTECH
This is a strange coincidence but we have o way to know what went wrong with your engine. It needs to be looked into further but I don't know if these are the people to do that. As far as the bill goes, you stated " I had them change the spark plugs and wires". Does that mean you made the decision that it needed plugs and wires or did they diagnose that as the problem. That would determine who should eat that money.
Saturday, February 13th, 2016 AT 6:34 AM
VINCE44
They suggested that I said ok he said it could be a bad plug or bad wire either way he said we can start their and he said if it continues it could be a fuel injector to answer your question I don't know if he put a scan on it or not I had it scanned the day before I told him what was told to me I specifically told them to run more diagnostics I don't know what happened all I know is it was running when I brought it to them now it's knocking like crazy and they didn't try resolve this or nothing even much the invoice doesn't have anything about how my engine blowed up just a bill for a tune-up.
Saturday, February 13th, 2016 AT 6:58 AM
VINCE44
It had to be trailered from their shop and I paid for that
Saturday, February 13th, 2016 AT 7:00 AM
WRENCHTECH
I guess you need to get a second opinion and find out exactly what the problem is and whether they were the cause in any way which I doubt. If they didn't cause the problem, the most they are guilty of is misdiagnosis and even that doesn't seem to be the case after the way you explained the conversation. Just because they weren't aware of internal damage doesn't make them responsible for the problem unless they somehow caused it.
Saturday, February 13th, 2016 AT 7:32 AM