Catalyctic converter

CHRISTOPHER VALDEZ
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I replaced both catalytic converters with bosal brand converters for my vehicle and also all oxygen sensors but the reduced engine power will not go away. Everything is bolted on and clamped.I even erased the problem with an ACTron OBDII reader. Am I missing something?
Sunday, April 16th, 2017 AT 12:11 PM

STEVE W.
Why do you think it is the converters and O2 sensors? Unless the converters are plugged they normally will not effect engine power. The O2 sensors very seldom cause reduced power output either. What were the exact codes you had, and what were/are the symptoms?
Sunday, April 16th, 2017 AT 12:39 PM
CHRISTOPHER VALDEZ
I had 420 one of them and 7 others. The screen on the right side converter has collapsed.
Sunday, April 16th, 2017 AT 12:49 PM
CHRISTOPHER VALDEZ
Let check the rest again.
Sunday, April 16th, 2017 AT 12:52 PM
CHRISTOPHER VALDEZ
Here are my remaining symptoms after replacing converters. P0120, P0220, P1516, P2135, P0220.
Sunday, April 16th, 2017 AT 1:03 PM
STEVE W.
P0120 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Malfunction
P0220 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor 'B' Circuit Malfunction
P1516 - TAC Module, Throttle Actuator Position Performance
P2135 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A/B Voltage Correlation

The P1516 and P2135 are the causes of the reduced power. But all four of these codes deal with the throttle body and gas pedal sensor circuits.

There are a few TSBs on these that basically say.
Check the wire connector on the throttle body for loose/broken wires and pins or replace the pigtail.
Clean the throttle body.
Relocate the ground from the rear of the passenger head to front.
If they do not clear it, replace the throttle body.

For the P0120/0220 codes you check the pedal sensor wiring and look for water intrusion in the sensor at the pedal.

For yours I would start checking the wiring at the throttle body. The wires on the throttle body like to break inside the connector. Then check the wiring at the gas pedal, replace the pedal sensor, (Do not use a cheap one, get a factory one through a dealer, I have seen a lot of the parts store ones not help the situation) clean the throttle body and clear the codes. If the problem comes back replace the throttle body.
Sunday, April 16th, 2017 AT 6:30 PM