Car will not start/turn on

HUM MOVES
  • 2004 FORD EXPLORER
Hey, so I drove my car last night came home from work everything seemed to be fine. Well, I do have a transmission seal leak so the car flashes in and out of O/D mode and jumps until I turn it on and off again, but that I know. So I wake up in the morning to go to work again and my car won’t turn on the battery level was low but all the lights still came on. So I tried jumping the car and the battery level went up but the car doesn’t switch over at all. Just one click but that’s. It I looked under my hood I saw that there was a little antifreeze leak coming out one of the hoses. I tightened the hose up because the hose is brand new, fuel pump brand new, and water pump, plus all the hoses were changed a couple months ago, so someone probably didn’t tighten them right? I’m not a car expert, I change my brakes have changed a hose before but will need a mechanic anyways as I digress, I was wondering what could be wrong with the car if I don’t hear any anything but one little click and the car itself won’t turn at all when I turn the key what could it be? And now after a few minutes the battery level went low again and I don’t want to buy a battery for no reason. So is it the battery or is it something else since there’s no clicking noise really just the one click and it didn’t turn on at all when I was jumping the car and the battery was on middle level when I charged it. So basically back to normal. It’s fairly cold now in New York it wasn’t just a day ago could the weather have done that or maybe the leak got to something and shorted it or is the starter or ignition switch or could it be from the battery itself? But wouldn’t it turn on when I was charging it with another car? I checked all the fuses too. Suffice to say I missed work today.
Friday, November 8th, 2019 AT 8:28 AM

BMDOUBLE
It sounds like a bad connection either at the battery itself or at the starter, and in many cases the ground mounted on the front driver side of the engine block. You can follow the ground wire from the battery cable negative to the ground which is mounted onto a stud on the front of the engine block, just verify that the nut and stud is tight, I've found several loose ones because it's a bad design for a ground mounting point and leads to a loose connection due to the normal movement of the battery cable. I have attached the best picture that I could find and illustrated it to help you find it.
Friday, November 8th, 2019 AT 10:47 AM
HUM MOVES
Not sure. I can t find it the transmission fluid needs to be changed and checked from underneath so I feel like the car is a puzzle and I m only good at changing brakes. Here s some pictures but again I just bought a battery put it in and it doesn t even click over at all.
Friday, November 8th, 2019 AT 2:12 PM
HUM MOVES
Some pictures. I m hoping it s not the starter and was wondering if I go to fuse box and check ignition relay or starter relay see if I feel a click or not ignition that will work?
Friday, November 8th, 2019 AT 2:16 PM
BMDOUBLE
You will need to slide under the front of the truck and look up above the crank pulley and against the engine block. It's going to come down to checking voltage at the starter itself and voltage drop tests for the power and ground cables. Do you have a volt meter and have you done these tests before?
Friday, November 8th, 2019 AT 3:36 PM