Car won't start, no clicking, has power.

CABRIGGSY
  • 2002 SATURN VUE
My husband's vue won't start. I want to try to fix it myself if possible. Money is tight. This has happened twice now. The first time, at the hardware store. Then it started after a bit. Fuses are okay and battery looks okay as well. Then it did it again last night but has not started back up. The ignition turns okay so it's not stuck. Could it be the iginition (cylinder)? Any help would be appreciated.

Chris
Friday, July 19th, 2013 AT 12:30 PM

SNATCH THE BATTERY OUT AND HAVE THE BATTERY "THOROUGHLY" TESTED AT A POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORE.........THIS IS USUALLY A FREE SERVICE

"IT'S ONLY 2 MONTHS OLD"....."LOOKS FINE"......."MY VOLTMETER SAYS IT HAS 12 VOLTS"............................MYTHS!!!........A BATTERY CAN BE BAD RIGHT OFF OF THE SHELF.................THIS IS THE REASON A "WARRANTY" IS USUALLY INCLUDED

I TELL YOU THIS, BECAUSE THAT ONE "NEGLECTED OPERATION" WILL BITE YOU IN THE BUTT....................................ONLY AFTER WE TEAR YOUR CAR APART FOR DAYS!

BEEN THERE DONE THAT.......ONLY TO HEAR, "MY BATTERY WAS DEFECTIVE"

..................NOW THEN, HAND IN HAND WITH THAT.........THIS IS THE MOST COMMON ISSUE..........YOU CAN CHECK/ DO THIS STUFF BEFORE YOU TAKE THE BATTERY FOR TESTING.........YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN, IF THE BATTERY TESTED FINE!...............SEE MY ANSWERS AND PICS IN THIS LINK!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

WITH THIS BEING "INTERMITTENT"........OTHER POSSIBILITIES ARE THE STARTER ITSELF, RELAY(S), ETC.

................................................I'M PUTTING MY BET ON THE CONNECTIONS!

RETURN TO THIIS POST WITH GOOD....NO $$$ INVOLVED NEWS!

Friday, July 19th, 2013 AT 6:01 PM