Car wont start cant be scanned

ZELLERDEREK4
  • 1997 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
Looked at a car today that was know to have electrical issues hooked up my scanner and could not scan, what is more common wire problem or computer problem? Any help is much appreciated alternator is new and battery is fully charged found 1 blown fuse for cigarette lighter.
Monday, January 6th, 2014 AT 11:57 AM

SATURNTECH9
See if you have power to the orange wire at the obd2 connector and less then 2 ohms to ground on the black wire at the obd2 connector?A bad power or ground to the obd2 connector is most likely the cause.
Monday, January 6th, 2014 AT 12:12 PM
ZELLERDEREK4
And that will cause the car not to start? If that is the problem?
Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 AT 12:01 PM
SATURNTECH9
That will cause the scan tool to not communicate I thought we would start there incase you have a computer issue. Does the car crank and not start or no crank no start?
Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 AT 12:39 PM
ZELLERDEREK4
Cranks and no start
lights, radio ect works
Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 AT 7:19 PM
SATURNTECH9
Have you checked for spark and actual fuel pressure?Also do we have power and ground at the connector?
Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 AT 7:33 PM
ZELLERDEREK4
I did not check the ground connector I just did a quick inspection for a friend and for the orange wire is it gonna be a 5volt ref. Signal or 12 volts I believe 12 right? That will be wat I check next will be fuel press and spark. I appreciate the rapid responses. Im still learning I just graduated from tech college.
Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 AT 7:45 PM
SATURNTECH9
The orange wire will be battery voltage and the black wire should have less then 2 ohms to ground. Let me know what you find?
Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 AT 7:53 PM
ZELLERDEREK4
Will do thank you for your help I try to always post my out comes just incase if anyone else doing research might have the same problem
Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 AT 8:05 PM
SATURNTECH9
Your welcome keep me posted.
Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 AT 8:32 PM